Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hey!! Where did all the Nice People Go??

About two weeks ago as I was entering a store a woman was coming up behind me so I went to the door and opened it and told her to go ahead. Waiting for a "Thank You", she walked right on by me without saying a word. Okay!!! No problem... I quickly went to the next set of doors that leaded into the store and opened those doors for her also. Again, she just walked on by me without saying a word. At this point I wanted to do the Christian like thing and just shout ~ "You're Welcome!!!!" All I could say was Wow!! as I was kinda of chuckling under my breath. People, people, people!!!! Where are your manners!!
Well, let me tell you it just gets better from that point. In the same store as I was kneeling down in an aisle looking for some glue, with plenty of room to go around me, I saw from the corner of my eye a lady coming with a cart or buggy if you're from the south. I looked one more time behind me to make sure she had plenty of room to go by and she did. I went back to looking for this certain kind of glue I wanted and before I knew it, I was hit in the backside and almost knocked to the floor. Really!!!! Did you really just hit me?? Yup, you did and hard too!! Now I am really laughing and thinking, I can't believe this. I looked up at her as she was going by me thinking she was going to say, Oh my goodness, I am so sorry, are you ok?
Well, that didn't happen. She kept her head up and walked right on by me. I sat on the floor really laughing now and was just in amazement to think that someone could do that and walk away without saying a word.
I found my glue and went around the corner and there she was!!! I wanted to start some store rage and go up to her and say, Hey lady, are you blind?? You about knocked my hip out of joint! What's your problem?? Did your mamma not teach you any manners!!!
Well, for all of you that know me, I didn't do that, even though I thought about it. My mamma and daddy did teach me manners, so I did the "Christ" like thing and walked away and left that store.
I am really noticing as I get older how people are acting and changing each day, and that goes for those of us who call ourselves Christians, little "Christ."
Where did our manners go? Are we not teaching our children manners anymore? What about loving and caring for people. People don't care anymore these days. All they think about is themselves and not others around them. Their angry, bitter and just miserable and for the Love of God, you better not mess with them or get in their way, because they sure enough will run you over!!!
May we all remember, that we do need more Love in this world. As a Christian, love is not optional. We are commanded to love one another. Love is demonstrative! Our love for God is shown through how we love others, even through our manners. Love is active!! Love is responsive. We are able to love because we have been and are loved by God. This love causes us to respond lovingly to others (I John 4:21)
In the words of my mamma when I was a young girl,"Show your manners" and then most importantly be Nice!! Show the love of God to others each and every day.
LIVE ~ LAUGH ~ LOVE
Love ya'll!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment